Seller registration and accounts
- This page applies to sellers and prospective sellers.
- To be eligible for seller account on our website, you must be operating a business and:
- if you are a sole trader, you must [be at least 18 years of age and resident in a country legally allowed to trade in the United States;
- if you are a partnership, you must be established under the laws of the United States; and
- if you are a limited company or other limited liability entity, you must be incorporated in the United States
- To be eligible for an individual account on our website, you must be at least 18 years of age and resident in a country legally allowed to trade in the United States;.
- You may register for a seller account with our website by completing and submitting the account registration form on our website, and clicking on the verification link in the email that the website will send to you.
- You must keep your seller account information up to date.
You agree that a contract for the sale and purchase of a product or products will come into force between you and another registered website user, and accordingly that you commit to buying or selling the relevant product or products.
Unbound Market Ltd. members can communicate with independent sellers and other members via the messaging tool. Independent sellers may list their preferred method of contact in their store policies and request that buyers use the messaging tool to provide details or ask questions about their orders. The activities listed below are strictly prohibited in the messaging tool.
- Sending solicitations including advertisements, promotions, donation requestions, or spam;
- Any form of harassment or abuse toward other members that violates our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Continuing to message members after you have been specifically asked to stop; or
- Providing personal details such as contact or financial information with the intent of circumventing Unbound Market Ltd.’s checkout process including email, phone number, address, social media handles, money transfers/applications, or any other external URLs to provide funds outside of Unbound Market Ltd.’s checkout.
Members are advised to provide only the necessary personal information to complete transactions.
Business obstruction is the intentional interference with a member’s store which prevents, disrupts or discourages their business. Obstruction is a direct violation of Unbound Market Ltd.. This includes actions such as:
- Using the messaging tool to contact other members of the marketplace to discourage them from shopping with an independent seller or purchasing specific items;
- Creating social media or other public postings which display disputes with other members, tarnish the business of independent sellers, or otherwise discourage others from shopping with a seller;
- Making bad faith purchases with the exclusive intention of leaving a negative review;
- Click fraud
Harassment and Discrimination
Unbound Market Ltd. does not condone or support discrimination of any kind. In accordance with our Anti-Discrimination Policy, using the messaging tool to engage in harassment or discrimination is a violation of the marketplace policies and will result in the termination of the offending user’s account. Please contact us if you receive any messages that violate this policy.
Purchasing with Unbound Market Ltd.
Purchases made on Unbound Market Ltd. are products of independent sellers. All product listings, store policies, and processing times are created by the sellers. When purchasing from independent sellers, you are agreeing that you have:
- Read the seller’s store policies and the item description prior to purchasing;
- Completed payment for all purchases; and
- Ensured accurate shipping details for purchases as needed.
To avoid theft, fraud, and scams, and to ensure the privacy of members’ personal details, all purchase transactions must be processed through Unbound Market Ltd.’s secure checkout. Sharing contact and payment details with the expressed purpose of circumventing Unbound Market Ltd.’s checkout process is prohibited. Any purchases completed through unauthorized means are ineligible for our asylum policy.
Leaving a Review
Reviews help support independent sellers and allow you to show your appreciation for their products. Additionally, your feedback on products and sellers helps other Unbound Market Ltd. members when considering their purchases. Within 90 days of a purchase’s estimated delivery date, you may rate your order using a one-to-five-star scale and may upload a photo or video to accompany your written review. During this 90-day window, you may edit your review and all accompaniments an infinite number of times. Your review automatically includes your profile user identification and is publicly displayed on the independent seller’s listing as well as the reviews page.
When leaving a review, you acknowledge and agree to adhere to the rules for uploading content located in the Posting and Creating Content section and the additional items:
- Content that contains obscene, mature, or graphic images and language is prohibited;
- Concerning external factors outside the seller’s control, including but not limited to the shipping provider, third parties, the weather, or your failure to read the description (It is not the seller’s fault you don’t know how big an inch is);
- Providing false, misleading, or untrustworthy positive reviews to amp up a seller’s review score is strictly prohibited (Nobody likes a false positive); or
- Engaging in any activities that cause subversion to the review process.
Sellers may choose to respond to reviews and are expected to comply with the reviews policy. Sellers reserve the right to report reviews that violate our Terms and Conditions.
Unbound Market Ltd. may exercise the authority to remove any reviews, videos, images, or other content that violates our policies or Terms and Conditions.
Posting and Creating Content
As a member of Unbound Market Ltd., you have the ability to create and post content. However, to ensure the safety of our community members and maintain an expected standard of respect, you agree to comply with the following:
- Content containing derogatory or hateful language or imagery, or any content that violates our Anti-Discrimination and Hate Speech Policy is strictly prohibited;
- Content containing threats, harassment, extortion, or any content that violates our interference or any other policies;
- Theft or violation of others’ intellectual property is strictly prohibited;
- False, deceptive, misleading, and untrustworthy content is not tolerated;
- Spam, donation requests, unsolicited advertising, or promotions are not permitted;
- Encouraging, participating, or facilitating in transactions or activities that attempt to elude Unbound Market Ltd.’s checkout process is not permitted;
- Content containing medical advice or medical drug claims is strictly prohibited;
- Content that violates our Prohibited Items Policy is not permitted.
Any content you upload must be your own, you have the rights, or permissions to use said content. Additionally, as per Unbound Market Ltd.’s Terms and Conditions, Unbound Market Ltd. has the license to use any content you upload. Some content may be subject to additional requirements, please review all sections regarding content requirements.
A seller must ensure that:
- the seller’s legal notices are sufficient to meet the seller’s legal disclosure obligations and other legal obligations;
- to the extent required by applicable law, the seller registers with relevant tax authorities and pays all relevant taxes in relation to the seller’s product sales; and
- the seller complies with all other laws applicable to their product listings and sales, including where applicable the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
Except to the extent that a buyer and seller expressly agree otherwise (but subject to the mandatory requirements of applicable law) OR (Notwithstanding any terms agreed between a buyer and a seller), the following provisions will be incorporated into the contract of sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller:
- the price for a product will be as stated [in the relevant product listing];
- delivery charges, packaging charges, handling charges, administrative charges, insurance costs, other ancillary costs and charges, and VAT and other taxes] will only be payable by the buyer if this is expressly and clearly stated [in the product listing;
- deliveries of products must be made within [30 days] following the date the contract of sale comes into force or such shorter period as the buyer and seller may agree;
- appropriate means of delivery of products must be used by the seller; and
- products must be of satisfactory quality, and must be fit for any purpose specified in, and conform in all material respects to, the product listing and any other description of the products supplied or made available by the seller to the buyer.
- Both buyers and sellers undertake to comply with the agreed terms and conditions of sale and purchase.
- Any attempts to circumvent the payment process or accept payment outside of Unbound Market Ltd. for any item offered on this site is expressly forbidden.